Far from being marginal players, informal market stalls are just as (if not more) important than larger markets when it comes to improving women’s economic empowerment in urban PNG, writes Devpolicy Research Fellow Michelle Rooney.
Read the statement given by Devpolicy Director Stephen Howes at the June 9 prayer vigil organised by PNG students at ANU and the Canberra community, following violence at UPNG.
When is a 12 per cent increase not, actually, a 12 per cent increase? When it is to the New Zealand aid budget, write Research Fellow Terence Wood and Associate Jo Spratt in their analysis of the 2016-17 NZ aid budget.
On May 21, Shadow Foreign Affairs Minister Tanya Plibersek pledged that Labor would restore $224 million to Australia's aid budget if elected on July 2, among other measures. Associate Director Robin Davies takes a closer look at how the commitment compares to the Coalition over the short- and medium-term.
Join our mailing list
- Kimani on Australia’s idealistic medical students: an under-exploited development opportunity?
- Kimani on The curious case of sustainability
- Kimani on The long-term impact of aid
- Kimani on Settling as an expat in Port Moresby – a personal account
- Savage budget cuts pull Australia down in foreign aid rankings
Robin Davies writes for The Conversation.
- Budget 2016: foreign aid now at all time low
Stephen Howes on Radio National Breakfast.
- The world needs a humanitarian fund to assist long-term crises
Robin Davies writes for The Guardian.