The annual PNG Update is the premier forum for the discussion of research and analysis relating to contemporary economic and public policy issues in PNG.
Organised by the University of Papua New Guinea’s School of Business and Public Policy and the Australian National University’s Development Policy Centre, the 2019 PNG Update will be held in Port Moresby on 8-9 August 2019. Speakers will be invited to present in four parallel sessions at venues across the University of Papua New Guinea. Participation is free and open to the public. The Update is multi-disciplinary in nature.
Check out the final program here.
Under the general theme of “Development and Diversity” conference presenters will address the following broad issues:
• PNG’s economic outlook and management
• Regional development issues and issues relating to decentralisation and autonomy
• Institutional development and service delivery
• Governance, law and order and the political economy of development
• Health, education and service delivery
• Community development, resilience, and adaptation
• Gender equity
• Issues relating to and strategies for sustainable, broad-based and inclusive development and employment creation in PNG.
UPNG’s School of Business and Public Policy and ANU’s Development Policy Centre would like to acknowledge the generous funding support from The University of Papua New Guinea, The Australian National University, and the Australian Aid Program.
The Update is free to all members of the public, and no registration is required.
To make inquiries about this or future Updates, please contact Mr Rohan Fox at ANU’s Development Policy Centre (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr Albert Prabhakar at UPNG’s School of Business and Public Policy (email@example.com).